Sunday, April 01, 2007

Another monkey story

I look at this and ask myself…what were you thinking of? My normally discriminating taste in objets d’art was apparently absent the day I spied it. Well, the artist was a cool guy who was really putting it out there, something that should be encouraged, right? So, I wanted to support him in his quest and thought I should get something and the monkey pic was the least expensive painting he had on display. At the time I thought it was great...oy vey!

I suppose I’ll put it next to the family portraits at the lake place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to put this monkey alongside the other family portraits? It took me 4 minutes and 22 seconds to quit laughing. You're kidding right? MellyMel

kevin said...

OK then-I’m not foolish, just a comedian. Hey, this piece of **** wasn't exactly free, after all, it’s ‘ART’. Besides, I think it a nice counterpoint to the family stuff. It’s hard to see in the photo, but written on the top is “Is that your face...or did a monkey with a skin disease borrow your shirt?” At the time it seemed kind of edgy...now that I remember, I had a flask of Pernod in my coat—my lesson from all this is that the flask stays in the cupboard now.