Friday, January 25, 2008

C’est formidable!

One of the latest in a series by Tom the Artist. He's working on some new stuff for a showing at the Cafe Artisan in Tekoa WA (Tekoa?) in mid February. Seems like he must have read 'Moby Dick' or something recently since the whale motif is prevalent.

When I walk through what passes for a gallery in downtown Spokane, most of the items on display are merely decorative, mostly crap, and overpriced. Compared to that dreck, Tom prices his work very reasonably (too reasonably if you ask me). I'm not much of a critic, but spend time in every gallery I happen upon and so have some feel for the whole affair. My gut reaction-his stuff is quite good. So, if you want some original art, come to Tekoa around the 15th and check it out.

2 comments:

CS said...

I really like that whale.

Where have you been?

kevin said...

cs- preoccupied with navel gazing I suppose. But you, fencing, skiing (in North Carolina no less), you’re touching all the bases-I’m impressed.